Since it is common for users to misplace or forget their computer password (usually any password), it certainly creates trouble when they are unable to log on to their system. It also calls forth the need of recovering password either manually or through a paid or free software. The below mentioned guide will help you perform the task on your own and essentially without the help of Microsoft technical support.
- Before beginning with the procedure, you will require a blank CD or floppy disk etc. You can choose any external media like CD, DVD, floppy, or USB flash drive among others.
- Creating Password Recovery Disk -
- Insert the disk into your computer's CDDVD-ROM drive. Close any of the pop ups that appear after inserting the media.
- Click on the Start menu and navigate to Control Panel. Click on the User Accounts and Family Safety link on the left hand side pane under Control Panel Home. Click on the User Accounts link to proceed.
- Click on the Create a password reset disk option in the left hand-side pane. When the Forgotten Password Wizard window opens up, click on the Next button.
- Click on the dropdown menu under I want to create a password key disk in the following drive and select the removal disk that you inserted in the drive. When selected, click on the Next button to proceed.
- When prompted, enter the admin password in the desired box and then press the Next button. If you don't use password for your account, then leave the box blank and hit Next. It will show a message like Creating password reset disk, Progress 100% complete. Click on Next and then the Finish button to exit the wizard. Close all the windows and remove the CD or whatever external media you inserted to perform the task. Keep the disk to a safe, dry place where it remains safe from damages.
- Now that you have successfully created the disk, you should also learn how to use it to reset the password. When the password is forgotten or lost, simply type anything in the Password field and then click on the Login button or hit Enter on the keyboard.
- This will display an error message like the username or password is incorrect. Click on the OK button to exit the message and return to the login screen. Click on the Reset Password link below the Password box and then insert the password recovery disk that you created in the above steps.
- When the Password Reset Wizard comes up, click on the Next button. In the same abovementioned fashion, click on the drop down menu and select your disk drive. Hit the Next button.
- Type your desired, new password in the Type a new password field and type it again for confirmation. If you want you can also type a hint for the new password. The hint will let you get into the computer if the password is lost again. Hit Next and then the Finish button to complete the procedure and exit the wizard.
- You must log on as an administrator or at least should have admin privileges to make such changes to your computer.
- Though there are several password recovery programs (software) available in the market, the password recovery disk will still remain the best option as it will save your time along with money that would be spent buying any one of them.
V tech-squad Inc. is the leading third-party service provider of certified online technical support services. Our top-class services include Microsoft product support, antivirus issues, malware issues, spyware issues, wireless router issues, printer issues, and non-computer devices etc. You can reach V tech-squad online technical support for any of your queries relate to Windows 7 Support at their Toll Free No +1-877-452-9201 For US/CA.